- Screening takes 1 to 1/½ hours, fee – $100.00
- Overlays $5:00 each
- Tinting takes 2-4 more hours beyond the screening. The color is often different than the overlays because it is transmitted light , not reflected light. Fee includes a check-up within three months and a short report. – $280.00
- Long report, optional – $50.00.
- Re-evaluation, usually takes an hour – $65.00
- Re-evaluation for the first time after 5 or more years - $125
There is a 15% discount for second or more from the same family.
There is a sliding scale for MediCal and low-income clients.
screeners receive a 20% discount
Fees for the spectral filters, UV, tinting process, scratch coat, shipping and handling,
At the Irlen® lab, Irlen®Institute, Long Beach.
- Tinting, scratch coat, UV and shipping of prescription lenses – $159.00
- Lenses, Plano, or single vision CR 39 plastic with no coating or tinting – $53.00 adults, $71.00 for children under 18 as they are industrial strength.
- Rush order 5-7 working days, optional – $25.00
- Irlen® lens cleaner – $7.00
- Tint modification, includes shipping, UV, and scratch coat – $46.00
A very few people also need mirrors, or different colors for outdoors and indoors and that is extra.
Clients pay just the appointment fee at the time of the testing, and the lab/mailing fee at the time they give the glasses to be sent to the lab.
Checks are made out to Irlen Visions.
I am also happy to take Visa, Master-Charge, Flexplan cards or cash.
Bring to appointments:
Testing information from screener
Prescription lenses if needed (CR39 plastic, no scratch or anti-glare coatings or tinting.)Industrial strength for children under 18) See ID
Copy of prescription, PD distance needed if you want the Irlen® lab to made your single vision prescription.
ID form from eye doctor
No prescription needed, Irlen® lab provides plano lenses. Do not have your eye doctor put in Plano lenses
Optional, Single vision prescription lenses
Rimless or partial rimless. Send lenses only.
Over sized or curved lenses from Irlen® $50.00 extra
If Irlen® has to send lenses out for special cuts i.e. Rimless $20.00 extra.
Do not mail your eyeglass cases.
Mail frames and lenses to Susan Hughes 809 Nancy Lane Chico CA 95926
They will be mailed back to your address.
Call: Susan Hughes for appointments 530-891-4783
Most agencies require that you apply before getting the services. They do not refund after the fact.
Call for sliding scale or low income fees
Irlen® Ambassadors will pay for lab fees in the North Valley area if you qualify as low income.
During screener trainings I screen clients age of 8 or over for free. I need one for my demonstration, and several for my new trainees to test. You still have to pay $5.00 for overlays. Call if you would like you or your child to be tested at the next training.
Often there are screeners in schools who screen students in their school for free. If there is not one in your school see if you can encourage a teacher or counselor to take the training.
Call Lion's, Rotary and Kiwanis clubs for help.
Vocational rehab has paid in many areas .
Regional services have sometimes paid for a child with Autism or similar disorders.
Foster parents services have paid for foster children.
Churches have often funded families who attend.
Opticians often have a box of discontinued frames under the counter that are very inexpensive.
Some insurances will pay. You need a letter from a psychiatrist or doctor and you must apply before getting the testing. Call Susan for more information.
My visa machine will usully take flex-plan cards or benefit cards.
Tribal Health has paid in many areas.